The fourth reference group meeting of the SP&PFM project in Ethiopia will take place virtually on April 7, 2022.
Objectives of the meeting
The event aims at updating the reference group members on the project’s progress during 2021 and the work plan for 2022 along with presentations on the project’s experience and early findings of studies conducted by the project.
- Presentation of and discussion on Progress Report 2021
- Presentation of and discussion on Project Work Plan 2022
- Presentation on Shock responsive Social Protection
- Presentation of the findings from the study on “Extending Social Protection to Informal Economy Workers in Ethiopia”
- Monitoring Project progress based on the presentation of and discussion on the 2021 Project performance report.
- Agree on outputs and activities presented in the 2022 Work Plan of the project
- knowledge and information sharing on shock responsive social protection and extension of social protection to informal economy workers.
Reference group members who are representatives from these institutions are expected to attend the meeting: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), International Labour Organization (ILO), Delegation of the European Union to Ethiopia (EU), Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Women and Social Affairs (MoWSA), Ministry of Labor and Skills (MoLS), Federal Job Creation and Food Security Agency, Confederation of Ethiopian Trade Unions, Public Servants’ Social Security Agency, Private Organizations’ Employees Social Security Agency, Ethiopian Employers’ Confederation (EEC), World Bank, One representative from the Donor Coordination Team (DCT) of the Rural Productive Safety Net Programme, HelpAge International, Federation of Ethiopian Associations of Persons with Disabilities, and Addis Ababa University.