A validation workshop on the study of “Extending Social Protection to Informal Economy Workers in Ethiopia take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on April 5, 2022. The workshop is organized by the SP&PFM project.
- To present to social protection stakeholders the findings and recommendations of the study.
- Initiate discussions and secure additional inputs to inform concrete recommendations on the operationalization of roadmap post the study.
The workshop will focus on the following:
- Presentation on “Conceptual framework on social protection extension to informal economy workers”
- Presentation on the findings and recommendations of the study on “Social Protection Extension to Workers in the Informal Economy in Ethiopia”
- Group discussions on strengths and gaps of the study findings.
- Discussions on the way forward and establishment of a task force.
- Raise participants’ awareness on the conceptual framework of social protection extension to informal economy workers
- Share the findings and recommendations of the study on “Social Protection Extension to Workers in the Informal Economy in Ethiopia”
- Secure inputs for the finalization of the study.
- Establish a task force that follows up on the implementation of the recommended actions in the technical study.
- The validation workshop will be attended by up to 25 participants from social partners and social protection institutions constituting the following.
- Ministry of Women and Social Affairs (MoWSA)
- Ministry of Labour and Skills (MoLS)
- Private Organizations’ Social Security Agency (POESSA)
- Public Servants’ Social Security Agency (PSSSA)
- Confederation of Ethiopian Trade Unions (CETU)
- Confederation of Ethiopian Employers’ Federations (CEEF)
- Ministry of Agriculture (MoA)
- Community-Based Health Insurance Agency (CBHIA)
- Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency (UJCFSA)
- Federation of Ethiopian Association of Person with Disabilities (FEAPD)
- United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- ILO-PROSPECTS Project
- The European Union Delegation to Ethiopia