A workshop on Raising Awarness on Disability Inclusive Social Protection in Ethiopia will take place in Adama city, Ethiopia on 13 and 14 July 2021 with support from the SP&PFM project.
The general objective of the workshop is to create an awareness on disability inclusive social protection and especially national social protection policy. Specific objectives are:
- Raise awareness among Disabled People Organizations (DPOs) to advocate for an inclusive social protection system in Ethiopia.
- Equip participants with better awareness for advocating for the review of the national social protection policy and strategy to be more inclusive.
- Providing inputs to the next five-year (2022-2026) social protection action plan to make it more disability inclusive and considerate of disability costs and support services in livelihood and social assistance programs.
- Advocating for social protection extension to persons with disabilities in the informal economy.
The workshop aims at achieving the following results:
- An enhanced awareness on inclusive social protection among leaders of Disabled People Organizations (DPOs) and a commitment to advocate for disability inclusion in the social protection policy/strategy and national action plan (2022-2026).
- The formation of social protection working groups at federal and regional levels with disability focal points appointed in key institutions.
- A position paper that captures the commitment of Federation of Ethiopian Associations of Persons with Disabilities (FEAPD) to advocate for disability inclusion in the existing and planned social protection programmes in Ethiopia to be communicated to Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA).
Leaders of member associations of persons with disabilities from all the regions and two city administrations, and FEAPD staff.