A workshop for the dissemination of the actuarial valuation reports of the Public Servants’ Social Security Agency (PSSSA) and the Private Organizations’ Employees Social Security Agency (POESSA) of Ethiopia organized by Ministry of Finance in collaboration with the SP&PFM project will take place at Raddison Blu Hotel in Addis Ababa on May 20, 2022.
The event aims at presenting the actuarial valuation reports to key stakeholders and prepare for the implementation of the set of recommendations captured in the reports.
- Brief presentation on Ethiopia’s Public Servants Pension Fund and Private Organizations’ Employees’ Pension Fund.
- Presentation on the findings and recommendations of the actuarial valuation reports of the Public Servants’ Social Security and the Private Organization Employees’ Social Security schemes.
- Participants informed on the work of the public and private social security agencies of Ethiopia.
- Participants informed on the actuarial valuation reports with particular focus on the set of recommendations for POESSA and PSSSA.
- Inputs and ideas secured for better implementation of the actuarial study recommendations.
- Up to 15 participants are expected to attend the workshop. Workshop participants are representatives from Ministry of Finance (MoF), Ministry of Labour and Skills (MoLS), Ministry of Women and Social Affairs (MoWSA), Private Organizations’ Social Security Agency (POESSA), Public Servants’ Social Security Agency (PSSSA), Confederation of Ethiopian Trade Unions (CETU), Confederation of Ethiopian Employers’ Federations (CEEF), International Labour Organization, United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), National Bank of Ethiopia, ISSA, and Pensioners’ Association.