An event to celebrate the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD) is organized by Federation of Ethiopian Associations of Persons with Disabilities (FEAPD) and will take place in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia on December 2 and 3, 2022 with financial and technical support from the SP&PFM project.
The event is aimed at raising awareness on disability and promote inclusion of persons with disabilities in all spheres of life in Ethiopia. It will also advocate for the rights, dignity, and wellbeing of persons with disabilities.
- Congratulatory message by the Minister of Women and Social Affairs, United Nations officials, Ambassadors, Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPD) leaders and the City Administration officials of Dire Dawa.
- Public forum on 2022 IDPD transmitted live on National Television and Radio.
- Disability awareness materials, SMS messages, Brochures, T-shirts, and other promotional materials to be distributed to event participants.
- FEAPD’s annual magazine will be distributed.
- Awareness raising workshop on the general principles of United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
- Awareness raising workshop on “Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) implementation in Ethiopia and the participation of persons with disabilities.”
- Improved understanding and knowledge by the general public on disability issues.
- Better integration and participation of persons with disabilities in the society.
- Enhanced participation of persons with disabilities in discussions and services that affect their lives.
- Improved networking and coordination among potential stakeholders and partners in implementing disability inclusion in development.
The IDPD celebration will be observed and attended by officials and representatives of Government Ministries, Diplomatic Missions, International Development Partners, Organizations of Persons with Disabilities, and residents of Dire Dawa City Administration.