A consultative workshop on Disability Inclusion within the PSNP V in Ethiopia will take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on November 24 – 26, 2021. The workshop is organized by the Ministry of Women and Social Affairs (MoWSA) with support from the SP&PFM project.
- To initiate discussions and explore possibilities for a programme review of the phase 5 Productive Safety Net Programme (PSNP V) that would consider and make explicit disability inclusion through provision of disability grants;
- To influence effective inclusion of persons with disabilities in the PSNP V (Rural) and the Urban PSNP programmes through disability awareness raising to scheme designers and implementers.
The workshop will focus on the following thematic areas:
- Disability inclusion in social protection in light of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD);
- ILO social security standards;
- Mainstreaming disability in Urban and Rural PSNP in Ethiopia;
- Mechanisms to ensure disability inclusion within PSNP V including establishment of a Working Group.
- Initiate discussions and explore possibilities for a programme review of the PSNP V that would consider and make explicit, disability inclusion through provision of disability grants;
- Raise disability awareness of PSNP Programme designers and implementers;
- Develop a roadmap on next steps in line with disability inclusion in the PSNP V;
- Formulate recommendations from the consultative workshop;
- Form a social protection working group comprising of MoWSA (Social Protection and Disability Directorates), Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency (UJCFSA) and Federation of Ethiopian Associations of Persons with Disabilities (FEAPD) that works to ensure disability inclusion and adequate social protection cash transfers in PSNP Programmes.
There will be up to 25 participants in the consultative workshop. Participants will to be officials, programme designers and implementers involved in PSNP V and UPSNP Programmes. The institutions from which participants are expected to participate are mainly the following:
- Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA: Social Protection and Disability Directorates);
- Ministry of Agriculture (MoA);
- Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency (UJCFSA);
- Job Creation Commission (JCC);
- Federation of Ethiopian Association of Person with Disabilities (FEAPD) and its social protection Working Group;
- Ethiopian Women with Disabilities Association (EWDNA).