A workshop organized by the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA) of Ethiopia with support from the SP&PFM project will take place in Adama from 11 to 13 March 2021.
The event aims at conducting consultations on the different social protection programmes as per the National Social Protection Policy (NSPP), with a focus on progressively building up and improving the social protection system in Ethiopia.
Presentations and discussions on the following social protection thematic areas:
- The NSPP & the strategy
- Status and current thinking of PSSSA (Public Servants’ Social Security Agency) and POESSA (Private Organizations’ Employees Social Security Agency) on the extension of social security to the informal sector
- Presentation on the Community Based Health Insurance (CBHI)
- Challenges & opportunities in the aforementioned and related issues
- Increased awareness of participants on the NSPP and Strategy of Ethiopia.
- Consensus reached on progressively improving the social protection system in Ethiopia and concrete recommendations are proposed.
- A mechanism suggested to MoLSA for implementing suggested improvements and workshop recommendations.
- MoLSA committed to presenting the workshop highlights and outcomes in the upcoming Social Protection Platform online meeting.
Up to 25 persons are expected to attend from government ministries, social protection implementing institutions, employers’ and workers’ organizations, Disabled Persons Organizations (DPOs), the association of elder persons and pensioners, and the SP&PFM team.