The webinar on Unemployment protection mechanisms: Contributions from academia and social dialogue process took place on 13 April 2021 within the framework of the SP&PFM project in Ecuador.
The discussion was supported by the International Social Security Association (ISSA), the Ibero-American Social Security Organization (OISS) and the universities Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador (PUCE), Universidad Indoamericana and Universidad Central del Ecuador (UCE).
The event was divided into two panels, in which delegates from ISSA, OISS and the Social Protection Department of the ILO in Geneva presented the general context of unemployment protection mechanisms in different countries and their relevance for social protection.
- Insights and challenges of unemployment protection – Céline Peyron Bista (ILO)
- The role of unemployment insurance in the pandemic – Mariano Brener (ISSA)
- Iberoamerican unemployment protection models – María José Tarrera (OISS)
- PUCE contributions protection mechanisms against unemployment – Andres Mideros (PUCE)
- UTI contributions to social protection mechanisms against unemployment – Hugo Villacrés (Universidad Indoamericana)
- UCE contributions to protection mechanisms against unemployment – Nancy Medina (UCE)